Start Learning Chinese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Elementary Lessons Missing

david
Established Presence

Postby david » August 12th, 2010 6:36 am

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the push. Obviously it is taking longer to get these podcasts finished and uploaded than expected. There are various reasons for the delay, but they boil down to this not being our highest priority. This means they tend to get bumped down the queue when other things come up that demand immediate attention. It's also why we make progress with them in batches.

The launch of CantoneseClass was the most recent of these, and work is still ongoing with the series. There is also regular work on developing materials for the next lesson series. Perhaps this should be a higher priority. The reason it isn't considered critical is that we have a steady stream of Elementary podcasts being released, so there is an expanding amount of Elementary content.

I understand that this in an inconvenience, and can only apologize again and reiterate that we will get this dealt with as soon as we can. We are expanding and hiring new staff and will hopefully have more resources to throw at this problem. Complaining is productive too. I'll see what I can do to have us make more progress with this in the next few weeks.

john_mcgeough
Been Around a Bit

Missing elementary lessons

Postby john_mcgeough » October 16th, 2010 6:39 am

We are still missing lessons 15 to 25, any chance of a last effort to get these to us? It seems every time someone complains about this a few more lessons appear!

Get 40% OFF
julie1166
New in Town

Make this a higher priority, please.

Postby julie1166 » October 16th, 2010 11:25 am

It's over 6 months since I first asked about this (and I certainly wasn't the first!). I was told it would be sorted 'in the next week or so' yet there's been very little progress. The argument about the launch of CantoneseClass101 is doesn't wash and is really quite insulting - you should be making more efforts to retain your existing customers. Neglecting them to rake in more new customers is very poor business practice and is likely to prove unsustainable in the long term. I'm sure John's observation is right - so I'm complaining again in the hope that you'll bump this up your priority list. Until you do I won't be recommending your site to my Mandarin night school classmates or anyone else.

robertjennrich9610
New in Town

Postby robertjennrich9610 » October 20th, 2010 1:10 pm

Hello,

is there any update on the missing elementary lesson?

Hopefully they will be updated soon.

david
Established Presence

Postby david » October 25th, 2010 2:09 am

Hi Guys,

We're scheduled to have the Elementary lessons finished by November 20. It may take longer than that to get them up on the site, depending on proofing, etc.

Thanks,

--david

go_sea_eagles
Been Around a Bit

Postby go_sea_eagles » December 4th, 2010 9:00 am

Its now 2 weeks since your deadline, and still no lessons.

david
Established Presence

Postby david » December 4th, 2010 12:57 pm

We didn't hit the deadline, but we're still working on them.

go_sea_eagles
Been Around a Bit

The Never Ending Sage

Postby go_sea_eagles » January 7th, 2011 10:56 am

How about now? - yet another 5 weeks down the track, and 7 weeks past your 'deadline'.

Two unrelated issues:
1. The only link I can find to this forum is at the very bottom of the page - shouldn't it be more prominent, and sit with the other links at the top of the page?
2. When browsing lessons for Advanced Audio Blog Series 2, lessons 23-25 are not shown.

jane1000288416
Been Around a Bit

Postby jane1000288416 » January 21st, 2011 5:09 am

Hi go_sea_eagles,
We have made some changes with the website layout. Although the forum is at the moment being moved to the bottom, but it is definitely still running. Sorry that I have been really busy for the last few weeks and the forum has been neglected a bit. But I will be checking it more often now and try to get your guys' suggestions across to the management.

I will take a look at the second problem you pointed out and get back to you soon. Thanks.

Best,
Jane

go_sea_eagles
Been Around a Bit

Postby go_sea_eagles » February 25th, 2011 11:24 pm

It is now more than 3 months since your 'deadline'.
You said the lessons were 'created and recorded' on October 9 2009. That is almost 18 months ago.
After all this time, and all these broken promises, it is clear that you have absolutely no intention of releasing these lessons, and probably never had.
Back to Chinese Pod, people.

Return to “Technical Support”