50%
Who Cares? The site is useless anyway.
17%

Total votes: 6

go_sea_eagles
Been Around a Bit

CC101 in trouble

Postby go_sea_eagles » March 26th, 2011 12:55 am

It is clear CC101 is in trouble. They have released only 7 new lessons in the past 3 weeks, and all at the lowest ability level. The Lower Intermediate series has stopped running after just 5 lessons. No Elementary, Intermediate or Advanced lessons for ages. Only one lesson a week where they pick apart a lesson and offer grammar insight - and this only at the Absolute Beginner level. The other lessons are merely vocabulary lists, which can be looked up in any dictionary. Hopefully no-one will be silly enough to fork out money to this mob.

rayu
New in Town

Postby rayu » March 26th, 2011 4:35 am

I'm so bummed at the lack of new lessons, and not filling in Elem Season 1 as well. And here I was, trying to promote CC101 by telling others who want to learn Mandarin to subscribe.

Tell me why should I bother, CC101?!? Shall I let my subscription expire?

And I like the format of the lessons so much...
:cry:

Get 40% OFF
spare_change
New in Town

Postby spare_change » April 23rd, 2011 5:27 pm

I doubt they are dead. I'm sure running these sites and making lessons is a sh** load of work.

go_sea_eagles
Been Around a Bit

Postby go_sea_eagles » April 24th, 2011 9:39 am

Well, the CC101 staff have certainly abandoned this forum. And I can tell you, not much work is going into these lessons. Only one or two average quality podcasts are being released each week.The others are reruns, or 'video' slideshows.

oc6544895
New in Town

Postby oc6544895 » July 22nd, 2011 3:48 am

Thank you all for the concern!!! No we're not dead yet, and thank you very much for the understanding.
This season we are having a NEW Gengo Beginner Chinese series (every Monday), along with the ongoing Lower Intermediate Season 1 lessons (every other Tuesday). ENJOY~ :D

combflake8725
New in Town

Re: CC101 in trouble

Postby combflake8725 » October 6th, 2012 12:03 pm

Only 2, yes 2, threads have been added to in the last 6 months.
And we are now getting only 3 new lessons per fortnight, not counting that rubbish 3 minute Chinese.
This site is truly only limping along now.
Would anyone pay for this when you can download all the mp3s in your 7-day trial period?

oc6544895
New in Town

Re: CC101 in trouble

Postby oc6544895 » October 18th, 2012 2:59 am

Dear All,

Thank you for your feedbacks and concerns.
As for the forum the traffic is usually generated by the users. We have noticed that most of our customers prefer to use our comment board under our lessons. The discussions over there is quite lively and we put a lot of effort over there. If you are thinking about making forum more lively you are absolutely free to do so. We will be happy to assist you.

In case of lessons. 1 per week actually is quite a good score. To give a little bit more insight on our operation. It requires effort of around 10 people to put everything together. To create the content, to record it, make sure that the quality of the record is satisfactory and to upload it on website with proper set of files. As you probably are aware we are managing 27 language site (and growing), so it keeps us quite occupied for 10-12 hours a day. Especially our audio and video technicians are the ones with least sleep a day.

In this way to have a proper language site it takes around 3-5 years to reach satisfactory level of content. Or a staff of thousands (which we are not able to have if you all want free accounts :wink: )

Please read more about our company under following link
http://www.chineseclass101.com/about-us/our-story/

In order to gather more feedback from you, can you let us know what number of lessons would be satisfactory for you? We also count on your understanding and constructive feedback. It means a lot to us, as we want to grow and become better everyday.

Regards,
Team ChineseClass101.com
www.innovativelanguage.com

Return to “General Discussion and Help Learning Chinese”