Start Learning Chinese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

How to Find a Teaching Job in China

paglino9
Been Around a Bit

How to Find a Teaching Job in China

Postby paglino9 » August 25th, 2009 8:16 am

Finding a teaching job in China is a great jumping off point to the greater working world in China. Not only does teaching English provide you with a great work experience, but also the opportunity and the means to travel. But finding the right job is the biggest challenge. This post is here for people to share their experiences and tips for finding a great teaching job in China.

Please list any helpful websites that you have used in the past, or any schools, or universities that are looking for qualified teachers, or recent college graduates.
Also please list any pitfalls that you have encountered or other dubious schools that have been encountered.

From my experience, the only requirement for teaching in China is a valid passport, a college degree, and a sense of adventure.

hjj5599
New in Town

Postby hjj5599 » November 24th, 2009 12:53 am

Hi friend,

Here are some hiring websites in China:
http://www.51job.com/default-e.php
http://english.zhaopin.com/

You can sign in and hand out your resume.

Besides, as i know, most English teachers find the job in China by being commended by their friends in China. That's more safer and dependable.

If you need more information, i am glad to help you.
:)

hjj
MSN/Email:

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
david
Established Presence

Postby david » November 24th, 2009 6:01 am

A college degree probably isn't even necessary if you're out of Beijing and Shanghai. The degree is used for visa application purposes as I understand it, and outside those two main cities it isn't really an issue arranging a visa without one. I know of people who have also come here without completing undergraduate and simply used a degree from an online paper mill.

The one thing I'd recommend is definitely checking out any school in person before signing on. There's so much choice available to anyone who wants to teach English in China that there's no reason to end up with a school or in a neighborhood you don't like.

Return to “General Discussion and Help Learning Chinese”