Start Learning Chinese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Novels, poems and kings

shanshanchua
Been Around a Bit

Novels, poems and kings

Postby shanshanchua » May 19th, 2009 1:45 pm

I haven't explored all the lessons here yet, but just off the top of my head I would really like to see lessons on famous/noteworthy

(1) novels (including but not limited to 四大名著)
(2) poems (again including but not limited to 唐诗)
(3) kings

There's just so much that's fascinating and rich about Chinese. After all, we've got 五千年的历史! :wink:

zhouli
New in Town

Postby zhouli » May 23rd, 2009 4:15 am

For absolute beginners and elementary Chinese learners, 唐诗、四大名著may be a bit too hard. but I do prefer we can have a part about culture and literature. :lol:

Get 40% OFF
bokane
New in Town

Postby bokane » May 25th, 2009 5:05 am

I'd love to see something like that too. Tang poems are indeed hard going for beginners, but I don't think there's any reason we couldn't have an occasional feature giving, say, a poem, a translation, and then a deeper look at the poem for the truly hardcore students. I'll see if I can put a bug in David's ear about it!

lan_dawei
Established Presence

Graduated readers

Postby lan_dawei » June 27th, 2009 12:02 am

Are there any plans for graduated readers for the Elementary or higher level? I would like to be able to read simple Chinese. I picked up German in high school by reading a Primer which started out very simply and gradually increased in difficulty.

LADave
New in Town

Poems

Postby LADave » August 6th, 2009 6:06 am

Someone once recommended that I memorize a passage of Mandarin and learn to pronounce it perfectly as a learning tool. I chose to learn the poem Guan Ju (關雎). Would love to learn more.

Return to “Chinese Lesson Suggestions”