Start Learning Chinese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Simp v Trad & General Sloppiness.

RavinDave
Been Around a Bit

Simp v Trad & General Sloppiness.

Postby RavinDave » July 27th, 2009 3:25 am

Whoever is compiling your Vocab lists in the Premie section either doesn't know (or doesn't care) that there is a difference between Traditional and Simplified characters. Most the times I've checked (the latest being the S1-01 Survival List "Thank You") -- they have simply copied the Simplified column over into the Traditional one.

Surely you understand that this persistent sloppiness taints your entire site. I find myself spending an inordinate amount of extra time checking your data against other resources, because I can't trust your input.

david
Established Presence

Postby david » July 28th, 2009 5:13 am

Thanks for reporting the problem, Dave. I'll get someone to look back through the archives on our end to check for this. If there are systemic problems with any particular lesson series we will get them fixed.

Get 40% OFF
RavinDave
Been Around a Bit

Postby RavinDave » July 28th, 2009 10:00 am

david wrote:Thanks for reporting the problem, Dave. I'll get someone to look back through the archives on our end to check for this. If there are systemic problems with any particular lesson series we will get them fixed.

Very much appreciated.

I know I'm probably getting a bit of a reputation for being hypercritical. There is probably a lot of eye-rolling when they see an e-mail with my name on it -- but you should understand that I am support the vision of the *pod101 gang, I'm very fond of several of the people behind the scenes (particularly Frank and Amber and Rob), and I want to see you guys succeed. So I will happily hold your feet to the fire if I think screwing up "my" :) website.

You guys just rolled out a new promotional tour to sell the site -- yet you still have a few significant bugs (eg: the "myfeed") that you need to nail down post-haste.

I'm anxious to maybe start JapanesePod101, but I'm sort of lying in wait to see how things develop.

Amber
New in Town

Postby Amber » July 28th, 2009 6:00 pm

ravindave,

no eye rolling at all! we appreciate your dedication to the site and that you take time to let us know where we need to improve. no worries! and thanks for all the heads-up(s)

amber :lol:

chinmoza
New in Town

Trad versus simplified chinese

Postby chinmoza » September 11th, 2009 10:07 pm

About the trad. versus simplified chinese there is one other annoying issue: when using flashcards in the lessons and in the Word bank, there is no possibility to choose the one or the other, so for me the Word bank flashcards are useless, since I don't want to make the effort to look up the trad. writing all the time... and although I wrote an email about this and some other topics (pinyin in Pdf, etc.)no one in chineseclass101 has taken the time to answer or something.

julie1166
New in Town

Characters

Postby julie1166 » April 9th, 2010 8:01 am

The following topic raises similar concerns - again, no-one appears to be addressing the issue.

http://www.chineseclass101.com/forum/vi ... ?p=789#789

Return to “Technical Support”