a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Too large audio volume differences in podcasts

marco77
New in Town

Too large audio volume differences in podcasts

Postby marco77 » August 10th, 2009 11:42 am

To the audio postprocessing 哥们儿

Listening in the car to the podcasts, dialog and audio reviews from the Elementary section (actually the only place I can find some time to listen), I noticed a large volume difference in the recordings.

I find the podcasts are too dynamic in volume, between the special effects like opening sounds etc. (way too loud and explosive, so I drop the volume in the car instantly) and especially Echo's voice (too soft, it drowns in the environmental noise in the car) in the long lesson audio. I find Echo's beautiful Chinese voice in the lesson audio much more important to listen to than the explosive opening effects..

Is it possible to make the recording volume dynamically more compressed? In a noisy environment, mostly the Chinese part in the dialogs are too soft compared to the English parts, but I don't want to increase the volume so much.

I have to say that the recordings of competing Chinese podcasts the volume levels are more even.

Thanks!

Amber
New in Town

Postby Amber » August 10th, 2009 9:58 pm

hi marco77,

i've forwarded this information to our sound editors, hopefully we can adjust it very soon to make it more comfortable for your ears! thank you for letting us know.

Join by May 6th
david
Established Presence

Postby david » August 11th, 2009 4:38 am

Marco77,

Thanks - we'll pass it along on this front.

--dave

Return to “Technical Support”