Start Learning Chinese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Video Vocab Oddments

RavinDave
Been Around a Bit

Video Vocab Oddments

Postby RavinDave » August 10th, 2009 11:49 am

1.) Something with the Video Vocab lessons is sure messing up my layout in FireFox. I thought it might be due to my personal settings, but it messes up the computer at work too. Anyone else sseeing this?

2.) All of the Video Vocab have Expansion Sentences in the Premie section -- but only the first 2 (out of 5) provide audio for them.

lan_dawei
Established Presence

Re: Video Vocab Oddments

Postby lan_dawei » August 10th, 2009 12:52 pm

I saw it earlier last week, posted it to #5 and shortly thereafter
it was "fixed". I'm OK as of this moment.

I also asked about audio for expansion, I was told they were
forthcoming in subsequent lessons.

RavinDave wrote:1.) Something with the Video Vocab lessons is sure messing up my layout in FireFox. I thought it might be due to my personal settings, but it messes up the computer at work too. Anyone else sseeing this?

2.) All of the Video Vocab have Expansion Sentences in the Premie section -- but only the first 2 (out of 5) provide audio for them.
下次再见
蓝大卫
www.mychinaconnection.com

Join by May 6th
RavinDave
Been Around a Bit

Re: Video Vocab Oddments

Postby RavinDave » August 10th, 2009 3:47 pm

lan_dawei wrote:I saw it earlier last week, posted it to #5 and shortly thereafter
it was "fixed". I'm OK as of this moment.

Oddly ... that's when I started noticing the problem.

Interesting. I'm guessing your "fix" is my "bug". :)

I'd still be curious to hear if anyone else is seeing problems with the CSS on any page with a "Video Vocab" lesson.

EDITING TO ADD:

I just took another peak. Doesn't seem to be a problem with only a single one (or two) on the page ... but when I went to the "Browse Podcast" menu pulldown, and asked it to bring up all of the Video Vocab lessons -- everything was okay except the bottom two, which wrought havoc on the CSS; pushing things to the side and maligning others, etc.

Amber
New in Town

Postby Amber » August 10th, 2009 9:55 pm

hi ravindave,

Regarding issue 1), i have forwarded that to the tech team, they will get back to this thread shortly about that.

issue 2) the vocab for the rest of the video lesson sample sentences is on its way.

cwabbott
Site Admin

Postby cwabbott » August 25th, 2009 2:25 am

Hello Everyone,

A new design to the index and lesson post pages is on the way. It should take care of any CSS problems you are currently having.

Thank you for your support!
Charles
Team ChineseClass101.com

Return to “Technical Support”