Start Learning Chinese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Duplicate PDFs

_petiteclaire_
New in Town

Duplicate PDFs

Postby _petiteclaire_ » September 16th, 2009 9:07 am

I'm having a problem with the PDFs in the Premium Feed (and the basic feed too, for that matter)

Everything downloads fine... however, every few days I will get new Lesson Notes PDFs (normal, lite and hanzi close-up) for lessons that already have them... I end up with 2 Lesson Notes, 2 Lesson Notes Lite and 2 Hanzi Close-Up for each lesson. At some point some lessons even had three of each !

PDF files are not very big, but they end up taking space on my hard drive, and deleting the duplicate files is really bothersome.

I suppose this may have to do with files for a same lesson being released multiple times under different names... Could you check this please ?

Amber
New in Town

Postby Amber » September 16th, 2009 1:58 pm

hi petitclaire,

yes i will look into it! sorry for the trouble :)

Join by May 6th
lan_dawei
Established Presence

Postby lan_dawei » September 16th, 2009 5:28 pm

Hello, Amber.

I've experience the same thing, duplicate files that I have to delete. I didn't say anything, but since I saw the other post, I thought I'd mention seeing the same thing.
下次再见
蓝大卫
www.mychinaconnection.com

Amber
New in Town

Postby Amber » September 17th, 2009 8:51 pm

hey guys, a quick follow up--which itunes version are you using?

lan_dawei
Established Presence

Postby lan_dawei » September 18th, 2009 12:46 pm

Amber,

I'm using 8.1.1.10
下次再见
蓝大卫

lan_dawei
Established Presence

Postby lan_dawei » September 21st, 2009 12:54 pm

I updated my desktop and my laptop to the iTunes 9.0.0.70 and today there were no duplicate lessons on the desktop. The laptop however did have the duplicates.

I'll keep an eye on the issue to see if it persists, my desktop is where I do most of my CC101 work.

If nothing else, I like iTunes Home Sharing feature! :D
下次再见
蓝大卫

lan_dawei
Established Presence

Postby lan_dawei » September 26th, 2009 1:45 pm

Even with the iTunes 9.0.0.* updates I'm still getting the duplicates, but not every day. Yesterday I was fine, but today, I got duplicate PDFs, and some audios as well going back 2-3 days.

I'm wondering if perhaps some how the time stamps on these files are getting updated for some reason on your server. Perhaps if someone make some additions or corrections?
Could someone check on that?

BTW, I updated iTunes to 9.0.1.8 on my lap top this morning after seeing the duplicates on my desktop. The desktop is using 9.0.0.70. Same result and it appeared to be the same duplicate files.
下次再见
蓝大卫

Return to “Technical Support”