a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Elementary Lessons Missing

harbinus
New in Town

Elementary Lessons Missing

Postby harbinus » October 8th, 2009 7:50 am

Hey,

I just joined the site recently, noticed that elementary lessons 8-26 are missing. Saw a posting from February saying that they would be posted, but it's October now and there are still no elementary lessons 8-26. What gives?

Alex

david
Established Presence

Postby david » October 8th, 2009 8:08 pm

Hi harbinus,

This is in our camp here in Beijing. The lessons are created and recorded but haven't been polished online yet (audio review not done, etc.), so we haven't published them yet. I'll try to get our Beijing team to move faster on this. You can expect them soon. Thanks for the patience.

--david

Get 40% OFF
adesluo1
New in Town

Postby adesluo1 » February 1st, 2010 7:46 am

"You can expect them soon."

Hm, 4 months on, and the lessons are still not available.

david
Established Presence

Postby david » February 1st, 2010 8:08 am

> Hm, 4 months on, and the lessons are still not available.

Yes, although they are still coming soon.... right now we're rolling out our stock of materials for this year. That's taking the priority. While the lessons are largely ready to go we don't want to put them live without the necessary checks, etc..

Apologies again for the inconvenience.

julie1166
New in Town

Postby julie1166 » April 5th, 2010 1:48 pm

Hi there,

I too was disappointed to notice that this substantial chunk of Elementary lessons is missing. I'm even further discouraged to find out that this is a known & longstanding problem. Does it really take that long to remedy whatever was wrong with them? Even if you drip-fed them back on to site at, say, 1 or 2 a month it would be something! Elementary is the level I really need to be studying right now, so this is quite a big deal to me.

I really like the style of the site, the lessons, the presenters and the resources - especially the focus on vocab & grammar - so I'll definitely stay here a bit longer. But if nothing's done about this (I've got a little gripe about flashcards too - to be posted as appropriate), I'd consider ending my subscription. It's just too big a gap IMHO.

Julie

paglino9
Been Around a Bit

Postby paglino9 » April 6th, 2010 2:53 am

@ Julie1166

The missing Elementary Season 1 Lessons are about to be unveiled. We will be rolling out lesson 7 today. Lessons 8-10 will be following shortly after. Lessons 11-25 will be coming out on a regular basis in the next week or so. Thank you for your patience.

david
Established Presence

Postby david » April 14th, 2010 10:12 am

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to a lot of hard work by Anthony on the backend, Elementary Lessons 7-10 are now posted. The remaining lessons in our first Elementary series will be posted on a regular weekly basis.

Thanks to everyone for keeping us honest here, and apologies for the long wait. :)

Best,

--david

julie1166
New in Town

Postby julie1166 » April 14th, 2010 12:01 pm

This is good news, thanks David (and Anthony!)

I look forward to listening to these - and the rest as they're added.

I'll stick with you guys a bit longer :D

Julie

go_sea_eagles
Been Around a Bit

Missing Elementary Lessons

Postby go_sea_eagles » May 7th, 2010 1:22 pm

"Elementary Lessons 7-10 are now posted. The remaining lessons in our first Elementary series will be posted on a regular weekly basis."

This is more than 3 weeks ago - I don't see lesson 11.

david
Established Presence

Postby david » May 7th, 2010 1:46 pm

This is my bad sea-eagles. We tend to get things done in batches. The next four are almost ready to go. I'll try to get them pushed out early next week.

Sorry as always for the delay.

david
Established Presence

New Elementary Lessons

Postby david » May 17th, 2010 5:22 am

Quick note for everyone following this thread that our Elementary Lessons #11, #12, and #13 are now up.

go_sea_eagles
Been Around a Bit

Re: Elementary Lessons Missing

Postby go_sea_eagles » June 26th, 2010 1:41 am

Its now 6 weeks since the last batch was released. Does that mean we are going to get a batch of 6 this time?

david
Established Presence

Postby david » June 28th, 2010 2:57 pm

The next release will be in a batch, yes. The reason for the delay is that work pushing them out has been less of a priority as we gear up for the launch of the next season of cntent, and particularly the launch of CantoneseClass101 next week.

pajheil2382
New in Town

How long?

Postby pajheil2382 » August 11th, 2010 1:35 pm

The issue with the Elementary S1 lessons from 14 to 25 inclusive has been going on for 10 months now.

The new language rollout was over 1 month ago.

I'm going to be catching up to these lessons in about 3 weeks.

Tell me why I should recommend CC101 to people if they can't get to about 1/5 of the first elementary season?

go_sea_eagles
Been Around a Bit

Re: How Long?

Postby go_sea_eagles » August 11th, 2010 9:40 pm

Actually this has been going on for longer than 10 months. The first post in this thread is from 10 months ago, but it refers to a posting from February '09. Of course that can't be right as the site only sprang up at the start of May last year, but my guess is 13 months.
The biggest issue is that we are continually given excuses followed by new promises. In this respect, CC101 is similar to its main rival.

9 Oct '09: The lessons are created and recorded but haven't been polished online yet ... You can expect them soon.

1 Feb '10: they are still coming soon ... right now we're rolling out our stock of materials for this year. That's taking the priority. While the lessons are largely ready to go we don't want to put them live without the necessary checks

6 Apr '10: We will be rolling out lesson 7 today. Lessons 8-10 will be following shortly after. Lessons 11-25 will be coming out on a regular basis in the next week or so.
(Promise kept up to Lesson 13 only. No new lessons since May 17)

The latest excuse refers to CantoneseClass101. Shouldn't this be a completely separate setup? If it is taking resources from CC101, then resources are clearly being spread too thin. If the lessons are actually all done as stated, surely it would not take more than 6 months to perform the 'necessary checks'.

Return to “Technical Support”