Start Learning Chinese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Word bank flashcards in simplified Hanzi

tennisdude818
New in Town

Word bank flashcards in simplified Hanzi

Postby tennisdude818 » October 27th, 2009 5:11 pm

I'm pretty new here so maybe it's a feature that's already available and I just missed it. If that's the case I apologize.

When studying flashcards in the learning center it would be nice if I could have the option to see the simplified characters rather than the traditional ones. I was under the impression that the simplified Hanzi is more useful to know. Am I mistaken?

marcusvw
New in Town

Thats also a thing that I|m missing

Postby marcusvw » November 8th, 2009 10:44 am

Is there a possibility to change it to simlyfiedchines?

Greets Marcus

Get 40% OFF
jane
New in Town

Flash Cards

Postby jane » November 14th, 2009 3:22 am

I feel that there should be a choice between traditional and simplified characters. While there is availability of traditional characters, it would be better if we had a choice of setting for the whole site.

Jane

julie1166
New in Town

Postby julie1166 » April 5th, 2010 2:10 pm

I agree with the previous posts.

I'm quite new here & assumed I was doing something wrong, so I checked my settings - they're definitely correct & set to Simplified characters. Still no joy!

So, I come on the forum & find this is a request that's been around for quite some time... It bothers me that there's been no response to the previous posts. I'm currently subscribing to 2 Chinese learning sites/podcasts, but want to settle on one in the next few weeks. CC101 certainly has a lot going for it, but I'm not sure you're responsive enough to your subscribers - certainly in respect of the glitches I've experienced.

So guys, any chance of introducing Simplified characters into the Flashcard resource? I'm sure many subscribers would appreciate it. We'd also appreciate a response - even if the answer is 'no'.

A pinyin option would be useful too. Again, I notice there's been no response to previous requests.

Julie

john_mcgeough
Been Around a Bit

Postby john_mcgeough » April 8th, 2010 12:52 pm

I agree with all the above posts - all the lessons show simplified and traditional characters so it is strange the the flash cards do not. Even more strange is that there is no explanation.

david
Established Presence

Postby david » April 13th, 2010 10:52 pm

Hi Julie,

This is on the tech agenda, but not at the very top. The reason the flashcards only support the simplified character set right now is that our platform is used across a number of languages (over ten right now), so it isn't a trivial change to implement (otherwise we'd already have done it).

Our focus on the backend now is rolling out the rest of those missing elementary lessons from Season #1. This should be done in the next month or so. That said, I'll highlight this for the tech team. The squeaky wheel can sometimes get the grease! :)

Best,

--david

julie1166
New in Town

Postby julie1166 » April 14th, 2010 9:44 am

Fair enough, I understand that it's challenging - but the flashcard facility is one of the reasons I signed up for a subscription :(

And, just to clarify, the flashcards DON'T support simplified characters, only traditional. It might at least be worth adding a note to the flashcard page to point this out - people who aren't that familiar with characters might not realise (it took me a while!)

I look forward to seeing the missing elementary lessons shortly!

Julie

Return to “Learn Chinese Feature Requests”