Start Learning Chinese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

my feed question

miami_meiguoren
Been Around a Bit

my feed question

Postby miami_meiguoren » June 25th, 2009 11:49 pm

i tried to set up my personal feed and i selected everything except advanced and survival phrases. it triggered my itunes program and tried to download everything.

im wondering why i am still getting the feeds i didnt select.

mcfarljw
New in Town

also...

Postby mcfarljw » June 26th, 2009 6:42 am

To add to this topic. It's still not generating the custom feeds link for me when I try and create them. I've now now tried it on two separate computers using three different leading browsers.

Join by May 6th
Rob
New in Town

MyFeed issues

Postby Rob » June 29th, 2009 8:20 pm

Hey Guys,

Rob here!

@miami_meiguoren - To clarify, are you getting the Survival Phrases and the Advanced Audio Blogs but you don't want them? If this is the case, it could be any number of issues causing the problem, however there's only one way to solve all of them. Basically, you have to delete the feed and make a new one. You can do this without deleting all the files you have downloaded by highlighting the ChineseClass101 thumbnail in iTunes Podcast Menu and deleting it. You will be prompted as to whether or not you want to keep the files. Then, just set up a new feed and this should work.

This may sound tedious, however it's the only option as once a unique MyFeed is created it cannot be changed, MyFeeds can only be created and destroyed (the opposite of the conservation of energy :wink: ). So, just delete the feed and make a new one. If this happens again, please let me know and I'll take a further look.

@mcfarljw - Out of curiosity, what browsers have you tried? We're not aware of any browser related issues. At the risk of redundancy, I'm going to include a MyFeed tutorial here:

1. First, Sign into the site.
2. Click on the "Learning Center" tab on the menu bar at the top of the screen.
3. On the Learning Center page, click the "MyFeed" page.
4. Choose the desired content from the "Step #1" menu.
5. Choose the desired content from the "Step #2" menu.
6. Enter a unique name for your MyFeed in the line below "Step #3"
7. Click the URL which appears in the box underneath where you entered your unique name.
8. iTunes should prompt you to enter your name and password. Please note that this name and password are case sensitive.
9. Select the content you want and it will then download to iTunes.

I hope this works for you guys! If not, please send me a message at , I'm sure we can figure this out.

Thanks!

Return to “Technical Support”