Start Learning Chinese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Video Feed in iTunes

tricycle222
New in Town

Video Feed in iTunes

Postby tricycle222 » July 12th, 2009 5:56 pm

I tried to set up a MyFeed by checking the area Video and checked All video, but iTunes says there is no video to download. I'm guessing the link to Video #1 is not up yet.

I would also like to get the pdf for the Cultural feed but only the audio was downloaded. I know these are new categories, so I should probably wait a couple of weeks to see what happens. However, I was on the site and thought I would mention it (Just to let you know were here).

Thanks for the great site!

Tom Rike

tricycle222
New in Town

MyFeed in iTunes

Postby tricycle222 » July 20th, 2009 3:04 pm

I posted a problem about 8 days ago and received no response. Now there is another video available but I cannot get my premium feed to give me the correct url.

I have checked the last box in column 1, Video and in column two I have checked two boxes, Lesson Notes PDF and Video. I have named the feed VideoVocab and the url that is generated in my itunes library is

http://www.chineseclass101.com/premium_ ... oVocab.xml

As you will notice, this gives me everything EXECEPT video.
When I posted on the Video Lesson itself someone suggested I view the demonstration video by Peter again. I have set up custom feeds to iTunes from JapanesePod101 and ChineseClass101 before without difficulty. Any help would be appreciated.

Join by May 6th
tricycle222
New in Town

Hello Tricycle!

Postby tricycle222 » July 20th, 2009 7:04 pm

Sorry about not getting back to you sooner, I must have missed this!

Apparently we're having some trouble with the video lessons and MyFeed because I wasn't able to download them either. We're working on it and it should be fixed soon though, thanks for your patience!

Rob

tricycle222
New in Town

Video Feed in iTunes

Postby tricycle222 » July 22nd, 2009 6:39 pm

Thanks for getting back to me, Rob. I was beginning to think that I was the only one having the problem. Just a couple of notes as I was trying to figure out what was going wrong. The url for Video is 2^31 and in the information for that feed in itunes info I get all the categories listed except video, but I also ge 5 more categories that are not yet even listed to be checked.
1. Absolute Beginner
2. Gengo Chinese
3. Intermediate
4. Newbie Lessons
5. Pronuciation
The boxes that are possible to check have url's with the following powers of two:
1,4,11,18,19,22,23,27,28, and 31(video). When more than one box is checked the url is the sum of the powers of 2. There is no way for the sum to interfere, so I can't see what is going wrong. I notice today that the url for 2^31 is no longer accessible on the internet. That may mean that you are on your way to fixing this. Good luck! and thanks again for looking into it.

tricycle222
New in Town

Still no video in MyFeed

Postby tricycle222 » July 25th, 2009 1:36 pm

Well, the third video vocab lesson has come and gone and Premium MyFeed still is not working. I can still manually download the pdfs and video from the lesson page, but I would sure like to have it automatically sitting in iTunes with all of my other daily downloads. What is the problem? Is it a naming issue? I know that there a lot to be done with a new site, but this has all been taken care of on the sister sites long ago.

Rob
New in Town

Good News

Postby Rob » August 3rd, 2009 10:34 pm

Hey Tricycle,

Just covering the bases and responding here too in case others are looking for the info...

Videos now work with MyFeed! Sorry for the delay everybody!

Rob

Return to “Technical Support”