Start Learning Chinese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Elementary lesson # and mp3 file name changes

rayu
New in Town

Elementary lesson # and mp3 file name changes

Postby rayu » July 22nd, 2009 3:54 pm

What's going on in the Elementary section for the lesson numbering and the mp3 file naming convention?!?

It's lessons 1 - 7 (but #7 is encoded as lesson #26), 27, and 28.

And, lesson 28's file name is something quite different!

I'm mostly in the Beginner section, but when I go to new material, I listen to a bunch lessons in a row. The changing file & lesson formats will mess up the order in which the lessons get played on my mp3 player (which has minimal features). :cry:

Martell
New in Town

Postby Martell » July 24th, 2009 3:34 am

:o Yes, I am wondering about this too. What's up with that?

Join by May 6th
RavinDave
Been Around a Bit

Postby RavinDave » July 25th, 2009 6:17 am

The silence on legitimate questions is a bit discouraging.

jaredh
Been Around a Bit

Postby jaredh » July 26th, 2009 4:39 am

discouraging to say the least

one team in china which own another site so this is part time work

NY team who talks about vaporware. Pinyin charts, lessons on punctuation, etc

A tech team that can't send out a PDF that all can read, or implement the features requested in these forums.

BUT
WE have ads all over the place and even news reports about how we should join englishclass101.

Bottom line this site must not make enough money for anyone to care.

david
Established Presence

Postby david » July 28th, 2009 5:44 am

Hi everyone,

I can answer these questions. Each lesson series has two halves, Lessons #26-#28 mark the start of the second half of the Elementary series. The remainder of the Elementary lessons (#7-#25) are not on the site but will be put up post-dated. We're doing this in order to maintain consistency with lesson dates across series. Put simply: we want them to start and end at the same time.

We're aware of the problems some people are having with the PDF -- the current workaround is to download the PDF Lite version, which is what it is there for... at least for now. Having two PDFs may not be ideal from a usability perspective, but I haven't heard of anyone who can't use the second if they don't have the Asian font pack installed with Adobe Reader.

There are a lot of features planned and under development. We've just released two separate video series, and have more stuff coming down the pipeline on a regular basis. I can't personally answer questions about when the pinyin charts and pronunciation lessons are scheduled for release because I don't know off the top of my head. I'll look into it though.

Best,

--david

jaredh
Been Around a Bit

Postby jaredh » July 29th, 2009 5:55 am

Thanks David for your politically correct message.

I know it is hard to work in 10 different languages but when you are done with Englishclass101 will your boss let you come finish chineseclass101?

When you do get back to the chineseclass101 site could you please make pinyin in the pdfs, wordbank, and chinese dictionary the priority

should not be hard at all just copy the code from the japanesepod101 site and substitute the pinyin where the kana goes. The chinese dictionary can even come from the partner company's site maybe even have the partner company host it so you save on the bandwidth.

What do you think? maybe after Englishclass101? or is there another language going to be launched first?

the economy is bad but good for you! you have lots of work lined up.

cheers

Return to “Technical Support”