Start Learning Chinese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Many flashcards have no sound

tennisdude818
New in Town

Many flashcards have no sound

Postby tennisdude818 » November 12th, 2009 12:21 am

Many of the cards that I've been using in the word bank don't make any sound when I click on the icon. Some work and some don't. I almost always study with looking at the traditional Hanzi (because I don't think there is an option to study with the simplified on the flashcards) and after flipping it over and viewing the English, there is is often no sound.

I'd be surprised if this were a problem on my end because the same thing happens whether I am using Windows or Linux. Is this a problem on my end? Should I not use Firefox or something? I really like having the sound because I'm a beginner.

tennisdude818
New in Town

Postby tennisdude818 » November 16th, 2009 8:26 pm

As I have been adding more words I am noticing the problem getting worse. I'm actually surprised now when the audio does work. Anybody else noticing this? I need audio with my flashcards at this point in my studies.

Join by May 6th
tennisdude818
New in Town

Postby tennisdude818 » November 25th, 2009 5:04 pm

Another update on the problem. One day a particular card will work, and another that same card will not work. So it's not a problem with specific cards.

tennisdude818
New in Town

Postby tennisdude818 » December 16th, 2009 11:39 pm

Any news on this? I want to know if it's a problem on my end so I can solve it if it is. One of the primary reasons to use this site's word bank flashcards is because of the sound. If the sound is broken on so many of words I should just manually put the words on separate flashcard software so I can at least study their simplified Hanzi(as opposed to the traditional Hanzi which seems to be the only option in the word bank unless I'm missing something) while I have no sound.

Return to “Technical Support”